Friday, October 26, 2007

Iris!


It's amazing how quickly your life can change! I'm using what little down time I have to publish pictures of our beautiful baby girl, when I really should be using the time for other things. =) But this is much more fun. Iris Kate was born on October 17, and weighed 7 lbs, 6 oz. After a five and a half hour labor (yes, I know, I'm very lucky), she was born at 10:40 p.m. I was able to have her without an epidural (which was my goal), and am very glad that I chose to do so. Though it was a very intense time (with such a short labor, it's all hard labor, with no breaks), I would do it again in a heartbeat. I couldn't believe it when they set this beautiful little girl on my chest--at first I couldn't figure out whose she was! I'm not sure how we could be so blessed, but I'm so thankful for my little girl. When I have a bit more time, I will try to post more pictures, and maybe write a little more clearly instead of rambling. =)

1 comment:

mkullberg said...

Hello gorgeous baby! What a sweet beautiful girl. Congratulations you guys, can't wait to meet her :).